Wednesday, April 9, 2014

K'needles update 15

I started a cardigan from my aunt's old knitting book. 
It's been fun, but, now that I'm at the tedious stockinette stitch for 173 stitches back and forth for many many inches, it had me itching to do something else as well.
I've also been sorting through my huge stash (especially the yarn that was donated to me) and figuring out what to keep and what to pass on. During that I came across a cotton/linen blend and just had to do something with it. So I made a scarf. 
Here is a close up of the lace pattern:
It's a leaf and stem lace. I liked it so much, and I had more yarn, that I decided to make another scarf--but this time in the round. The first scarf works well for a little girl, and I'm thinking the second one will be good for a woman. Mom and daughter matching scarves :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment