Saturday, January 9, 2016

Flower hat

I ran into my friend Denise at a birthday party today. She's been looking for a hat she could get for her sponsor kid and liked a hat the birthday gal got. So she pulled me aside, since she knows I can knit and crochet, and asked if I could make one in green. I looked at the hat and it was the standard crochet hat. I got home and whipped up this one. 


The base yarn is one I've been keeping for something special. It came from a handed-down stash of a friend's mom. I don't know much about it other than its bulky and warm, and sturdy yet stretchy and soft. 

The flower was amongst a large batch I did a few years ago but haven't used yet. 

I'm in love with this and hope it works well for the teenage girl a continent away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment