Wednesday, June 19, 2013

K'needles update 9

I've been lazy at posting. Still not wanting to turn on the laptop. However, I did download the blogger app for my iPhone; I'm glad they finally made one. Saves some steps when it comes to photos because I take them on my iPhone anyway--and now I don't have to email, download, then upload. 

I'm still trying to use up all the yarn I have lying around. Every nook and cranny is crammed full with collections of yarn. My room is reminiscent of tribbles on the Enterprise. Easiest way to do that is blankets!

I had some pink worsted weight yarn so I knitted up a simple square blanket with stripes.
I like the color combos. Dark to draw the eye and light to give the eye a break. I really hope it can be a continual source of smiles for a little girl. 

I also had some orange yarn so I crocheted a granny square blanket.
I ran out of yarn so it ended up being much smaller than I was hoping. However, it will still be a nice accent in a crib. And despite the large holes, it's still warm--my main complaint about any granny square blanket. 

This past weekend we had a scrapbooking day at my grandma's old house. I didn't have anything ready so I just knitted. I worked on the purple shawl. Perfect time to work on it because I could focus on the lace pattern with ease and manage to stay awake. Didn't get that far (so it's not pictured) but it's sweet progress!

Lastly, I started on another blanket.
This time I'm using up one of the many Pound of Love I have, pink yet again. I started out with a lace pattern that was going to be the whole thing...but I got tired of doing it, so it's now just a border and the middle is reverse stockinette. I made the blanket so wide that it will probably use two skeins. 

No comments:

Post a Comment