Wednesday, June 5, 2013

K’needles update 8

I have been extremely bad lately at posting. I have not wanted to touch my laptop because my laptop is equated with work and study right now. Ish. I also took a “long” break from knitting because my carpal tunnel was acting up. I started a new project last week and have been working on it ever since here and there (It is a little girl’s blanket. I’ll try and sell it, but really I’m hoping its future home is charity). I really should have eased more into knitting as my PT would have said…but I of course knitted for long stints and now my wrist is horribly tight, which then starts bothering the elbows, and there you have it.

Anyway I’ll have to update you on two crochet projects I did a couple of weeks ago. I have all this yarn someone donated to me after her mother could no longer knit. She had quite the stash. Lots of odds and ends and very old. Most of it is unique yarn that I’ve never seen before so it’s been difficult to figure out what projects they suit. I crocheted a circular thing (a light rug to me, or a doily according to my mom) and a market bag (pattern). The rug/doily is largely made out of a linen-style yarn. The market bag is made out of a nylon-cotton blend yarn that’s perfect for a bag. It’s a strong yarn that doesn’t wear out as fast as other yarns.

photo(8)photo(7)

Happy Knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment