Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Beads purchased!

During my browsing on Ravelry, I kept seeing projects that incorporated beads. It was even on Knitting Daily. So I’ve been in the market for some cute craft beads. Looked at Michael’s and nothing caught my fancy, so I was disappointed and even more impatient to experiment with them.

Hobby Lobby just recently opened, so my friend and I headed over there to check it out. She had lived near one in Chicago and frequented there but I had never been in one before. (There was one in Mason City, however I never ventured there because it was difficult to get to and it was very small, like ‘small shop in a short strip on the side of a highway’ small). Anyway, we walked around the perimeter so I could get an idea of what they carried. They carry a few things I can’t find anywhere else so I filed those in the back of my head. :)

image
We ended up at the bead section and I managed to find this cute bag of plastic beads. They will go nicely onto worsted weight yarn. They were $4.99 and I used the handy 40% mobile coupon (I am grateful for my smart phone and am glad my brother talked me into getting one). Sadly, there isn’t any information about the beads. I would like to know if they would wash well, and other care information. I’m also a bit conflicted because they are made in China.

I still need to figure out a project to make with them. It’s hard to tell from the picture but they are turquoise, pearl, and brass—an all-time favorite combination of mine.

What do you think I should make with these?

1 comment:

  1. Not sure what you should make from them, but a swatch would help you figure out how to wash them. When you find your pattern make a 4"x4" swatch and include a few beads. Then wash the swatch how you plan to wash the project and you'll find out how they fair.

    ReplyDelete