Tuesday, February 19, 2013

K’needles update 1

As you will soon learn, I am not one to work on only one project at a time, especially when I have long projects in the works. I like mixing long, medium, and short. It keeps me sane. However, oftentimes a yarn from my stash will catch my attention so I’ll pick it up and work on it right away. It’s a thrilling thing to do.  However, it adds yet another project to my typically long list of on-needle projects.

photo

Here are three projects I’m currently working on.

The purple is the top border of a shawl. This project will take a very long time to do. The lace pattern requires a lot of focus so I only work on it at most 30 minutes a day. It will be gorgeous and warm when it is done, which makes me impatient.

The pink is a lace scarf I’m experimenting on. Made up my very own lace pattern for it. It’s an acrylic yarn made to look like mohair. I got it from a bundle of estate sale yarn. It was one of those yarns that jumped out at me from my stash. If it turns out well, I’m going to donate it to something.

And the variegated is a dishcloth. I attended a conference this weekend and dishcloths are a great project to bring to work on during the sessions.

I’m also working on two pieced-together blankets. One is currently stalled because I lost the sheet that said how many stitches/rows there are per each block and I’m not very good at counting that in knitting yet. The other is stalled because the needles I use for it are being used for the scarf.

Also, if I hadn’t run out of sock yarn, I would be working on a sock as well. They are very fun and simple. 

No comments:

Post a Comment