Sunday, February 24, 2013

K’needles update 2

photo(1)This week I finished the pink lace scarf. It turned out well so I’m donating it to a women’s shelter/ministry. I hope it will lighten up someone’s day and won’t be itchy. The lace turned out pretty, but for quite a few inches I forgot what the pattern was and did k2tog for all decreases rather than switching back and forth between k2tog and ssk. I can barely notice though so I just let it be rather than tink. Not only would tinking have undone all that work, this yarn catches in itself and makes it very difficult to do so; it would have been a mess.

Right now I’m working on my 5th dishcloth this week. They knit up fast with little mental strain, which has been a perfect project. The only thing better would be straight-up stockinette. It’s tempting to cast on a sweater. 

I haven’t touched my larger projects because I’ve been busy studying for my comp exams. It’s good to push those off to the side every now and then when life gets busy, but I always make sure I leave myself good notes so I can pick them up without having to remember anything (because often I don’t).

I will be starting a sleeved shawl for my grandma sometime this week. Special request when I visited her this weekend. Still trying to figure out a pattern/method and the yarn type and color. Exciting but also nerve-wracking. I want it to be perfect for her.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely scarf. I frequently make mistakes when knitting and always ask if the piece will be improved by frogging. I can't figure out if it's fact or fiction but there's legends that many skilled artists (Persian rug makers and Amish quilters comes to mind) intentionally make a mistake as a reminder that only God is perfect. I'm not to the point of intentionally making mistakes, but I am to the point of intentionally leaving minor ones to remind me of this fact.

    ReplyDelete